Monday, October 13, 2008

Let There Be Light! (And Shelving!)

A few good things happened at the house this past week.
The first is that Ameren came out and turned on the power, which means that I have working lights in my basement (and that the breaker panel is now VERY DANGEROUS and should be avoided by anyone who is not skilled at breakering.) The second thing is that Mike and I (and Mike's parents, Bonnie (Bon Bon) and Paul (Paulrus)) built close to 24 feet of shelving in my basement, so I can start moving stuff into the house!


Awesome photo showing both lighting and shelving!
The other thing that Mike and I did over the week is to case Pete's half of the building. Here are some photos of kitchens and bathrooms that better illustrate what my half of the building will look like when it's completed.
Double oven and giant refrigerator!


Awesome rangehood for over the island cooktop! (My pendant lights will be cooler than these...so will my track lighting.)


Super-contemporary vanity set for half bath. (Also, Pete has a kick-ass art collection.)





Top and bottom views of the master shower. Lots of slate. Pete's is layed out with intricate cuts, but I think it looks too busy, so I think I'm going to minimalize the look a bit.)

3 comments:

Lorene (Renie) said...

Good to see you are making progress. I know your place will look fantastic when it is finished.Keep up the hard work!! Love, Mom and Dad

Chris Johnson said...

How fun! It is going to be so beautiful, I love old homes like that!

Erin B said...

Good idea to keep the tile in the bath simpler. Also, Pete's artwork in his bath is the same that's on the wall at Sara's salon. I think it's an artist from the area.