Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Details Details

I'm not ready for appliances yet, but the place that quoted me prices requires delivery before Christmas in order to secure a price, so it looks like I'll be ordering them soon...

In the meantime, I decided to shop around - I'm a spend-thrift. Mike and I went to the Sears Outlet yesterday, but all their appliances were an average of $300 more than what I was quoted. So that part of the visit was a bust...

But....

I did find a totally awesome range hood for my cooktop for a BARGAIN.

All the range hoods I had been looking at online were in the $1600-2000 range. I got mine for $800. (That's $900 less than Pete payed for his, which...well...isn't as snazzy as mine.) Huzzah!

It's a GE Monogram series hood -- for 30-36" cooktops. Has 4 dimmable lights, washable vent filters, multiple programmable settings for light/venting, a timer, and it'll even tell me when I need to replace the filters. Sweet.

I had to order the chimney vent off the internet, since my ceilings are 10', and I bought the actual hood at Sears Outlet -- it has been a display, and comes with all necessary parts -- and has a 1 year warranty!

Here's a photo...

No comments: