Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hot Countertop Action!

Some major things have happened around the house in the past week. The first is that we got the floor tile done in the guest bath, but the second is the most exciting...

I NOW HAVE COUNTERTOPS!! (Bamboo-colored countertops!)


Holy island, Batman! The island is 11'-6" long, and 42" deep at the middle.

Because the island was so large, it had to be in two pieces. Can you see the seams? No, I didn't think so... That's because my fabricator (Heartland Stone, from Columbia MO) and installer (Bob from Top Notch Interiors, also out of Columbia) were AMAZING. Bob is a subcontractor for Heartland Stone and I've got to say, he and his partner are artists when it comes to handling stone.

Short commercial:
I would highly recommend using Heartland if you're having countertops or vanities made. They are friendly and knowledgeable, their prices are very competative, and their turn-around time is really impressive -- my tops were installed less than 2 weeks after I ordered them.


This is my recessed, stainless sink with the Kohler faucet I got off eBay. (eBay is now my best friend.)
This is the master bathroom vanity. It looks excellent -- now all I need is tile and plumbing!


Last but not least, the guest bathroom is really coming along. I was hesitant to put that much slate in a small space, but I really like how intimate the bathroom feels now.

3 comments:

Chris Johnson said...

It is very beautiful!!

barb said...

You`ve done a grea job------congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Grandma

Pat Simmons said...

Holy Cow! What a gorgeous house. I'm jealous. I finally got around to looking through your entire history on the home. Amazing. You do things right! Can't wait to see it in person.