Monday, September 15, 2008

Megan K. HomeOwner

"Sucker!"

It's the same thing I said when I graduated college and was handed a diploma, and now I'm saying it again... But this time it's bigger than a diploma, and this time I'm even more incredulous.

"Why?", you ask.

Because some poor schmuck was silly enough to sell me a house.

After nearly 6 months of looking at properties with crazy wood paneling, opium-den/discotheque-inspired "saunas", no A/C, Pit bull-raising neighbors, newspapered walls, mold-spore mountains, and $40k worth of liens, I have found the house of my dreams!

It's a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath, 2000sq ft, solid brick townhouse in an historic neighborhood near Tower Grove. And better yet, it's not finished - so I get to pick what finishes go where, and what kind of counter tops I want, and all the other fantastic things that I love to do!

Huzzah!



The photo up there is of the entire property. As of September 25th, I will own the left half. (The other half is owned by Pete, a young professional who is the regional clothing-buyer for Banana Republic...)

Needless to say, I'm stoked!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

congrats!!!

Lorene (Renie) said...

We're so proud of you!! It will be a lot of hard work but will also be very satisfying when you get it done. Wish we were closer to help out. Love, Mom and Dad