Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Homeless with a Mortgage

So, I've made a preliminary schedule for house construction, which optimistically leaves me with a move-in date of December 25th. (Yeah, Christmas!) It's three months from closing, which seems like a very long time, but considering I only have evenings and weekends to work on this beast, I think it's a fairly aggressive schedule. The scope of work is everything from installing receptacles and light switches to ordering counter tops and appliances.

Here are some photos of the space in it's current state:

The Grand Staircase. Ain't it grand?
Brand new water heater - notice the "Water Heater Goes Here" message, written on the giant cardboard box...very professional!

My stunning hardwood floors! (Those boxes equal approx. 1200 sq ft of flooring.)

Lavish bathroom accommodations! (This is the master bath - complete with incomplete jacuzzi tub and custom shower...it will eventually be tiled out with some wickedly-beautiful slate tile, which is currently stacked in the bedroom, and the hallway, and the foyer...there's tons.)

So anyway, my landlord has rented my apartment as of November 1st, which means I'll have almost two full months where I'll be paying off my loan (not technically a mortgage, since I can't live in the house) and not having a real home to, well, go home to. Luckily, Erin and Ryan (sister and bro-in-law) have agreed to let me and Miles (the cat) crash at their place for a while. It should be fun, as long as the 3 humans and 4 cats that will be occupying the house don't kill one another.
Good luck to us!

1 comment:

Erin B said...

I thought you were coming to live with us to be our indentured servant...