Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend 1 - Tiny Endeavors

This past weekend was the first weekend when I could fully dedicate my time to working on the house. Needless to say, Mike and I knocked out quite a few tasks that needed to be accomplished.

Since we don't have building permits yet, there isn't a lot we can do to the place, so we stuck to small tasks, like installing a mailbox in my front door...



adding a railing to the back porch, which was previously a death-trap,


and installing new door hardware, which lead us to the discovery of what exactly lay behind the locked "mystery door" on my back porch....

Turns out, the door opens onto the 2x4 stud wall of my living room. I plan on insulating and putting up pegboard, on which to keep gardening tools. Or, keeping Mikey in there when he misbehaves.... Either way, we'll call in the "Creep Niche."


The last thing I did for the weekend was to finalize the colors for the house. Here are some photos of colors -- keep in mind that I am a genius with color, and if you don't like what I've chosen, your opinion will be disregarded. :) (No, seriously, though, what do you think??)

(From Top to Bottom: dark tealy color for sitting/dining room, limey color for kitchen and living room, light grey-blue in master bedroom, tan in hallway and guest bedrooms.)

No comments: