Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Closing Time

After months of waiting, I finally closed on the house last Thursday! It only took 30 minutes to go over the paperwork and hand over my $$, then they handed me the keys and now I am officially Megan K. HomeOwner!!!!

Yay!

Over the weekend, Mike worked on a few odds and ends -- he traced the circuits back to the empty breaker box (shown below) and figured out where all the duct-work goes.


In order to really start construction, though, I'm going to need electrical and plumbing permits. Unfortunately, the City only gives out permits to licensed contractors...so now I'm on a search to find contractors who are willing to work for very little money.
One would think that by working for an architecture firm, I'd easily be able to find these people, but it's proving more difficult that I had anticipated. I just hope we find someone soon...or someone who can finish the job for CHEAP.

I guess we've hit our first snag. Blarg.

No comments: