Monday, March 16, 2009

Plumbing, or No More Home Depot Potty Breaks!

The plumber came and installed all of my fixtures last week! So now, instead of driving to Home Depot in the middle of the day to use their bathrooms, I can just use my own!

Mike and I installed all the toilet accessories (TP holder, towel bar, hand-towel ring, etc) yesterday, after we finished painting the bathrooms, so now I even have toilet paper! (Napkins are a poor substitute.)

Here are some photos of the master bathroom, in all it's mostly-finished glory! (The only things left to do are to buy mirrors and install the base boards.)


Dig the toilet, bath accessories, and the lovely warm-beige walls! (I wanted a neutral color in the bathrooms, since the slate is so colorful.) The green ring around the floor will eventually be covered with base that matches the window trim.


It is SOOO nice to be able to wash my hands in a sink! (Before I was using the main shutoff valve in the basement...) The faucets throughout the house are Kohler Forte, in brushed nickel. Thank goodness that the contractors had good taste -- these things retail for $200/ea. I didn't have to pay for any of them, because they were already in the house! Wahoo!


The shower, on the other hand, is a completely different story. Pete's half of the building has standard, wall-mounted fixtures, and a wimpy little rain head. I wanted my shower to feel like I was at a spa every day, so I splurged, and bought myself an awesome Kohler Forte shower set that includes a hand shower on an adjustable slide bar, and a 12" dia. rain head. I cannot wait to shower in here!!!!!!

More photos to come...

3 comments:

Michael R. Allen said...

Awesome shower!

Chris Johnson said...

Looks awesome!! You guys are doing a great job, keep up the good work! :D

Lorene (Renie) said...

WOW!!! I'm soooooo impressed. You have done an awesome job!! I can hardly wait to see all of it in person. See you soon!! Love, Mom